On 13 April 2023, the Living-in.EU legal subgroup is organising an online session to discuss the Interoperable Europe Act proposal and its (legal) implications for cities.
The submissions for the 2023 UserCentriCities Award for the best user-centric service in European cities and regions is now open!
Cities and regions are at the forefront of delivering digital government in Europe, however, their role in implementing user-centricity principles, design thinking, and co-creation is not sufficiently recognised. To raise awareness and recognise the outstanding achievements made by European cities and regions in developing user-centric services for their citizens, the UserCentriCities project has created the annual UserCentriCities Award.
The high-level jury will evaluate the submitted services based on the user-centricity principles for the design and delivery of digital public services as outlined in the Tallinn Ministerial Declaration on eGovernment. More information on the jury will follow shortly.
Who can enter?
- The call for submissions is open to local authorities (cities and regions) from all EU Member States and European Free Trade Area (EFTA) countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) and the United Kingdom.
- Applicants must be local public authorities that have legal competence in developing and implementing user-centric services in their territory.
- Submitted services must have already been implemented in order to qualify for the award.
- Applications must be submitted through the UserCentriCities services repository.
- Applicants must complete the online application form. (in you don't have an account yet, you need to register here).
- The application should be submitted in English.
- Applicants are encouraged to upload a selection of documents and images to illustrate their activities.
- Each applicant is encouraged to submit one or more services.
- The deadline for applications is 21 April 24:00 CET.
To learn more on how to apply, download the call for submissions.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2022 UserCentriCities Award was given to Helsinki for the pre-primary education allocation service developed by the city and delivered proactively to parents by sms. For more information, please visit: https://www.usercentricities.eu/news/2022-usercentricities-award-helsinki-wins-best-user-centric-service-europe
Interoperable Europe Act Proposal: Cross-border interoperability for public sector bodies?
Signatory event on organisational and cultural interoperability
On 9 March, Living-in.EU and Wavestone organised an interactive workshop on the organisational and cultural interoperability challenges that local administrations may face when implementing data spaces and local digital twins.
TAKE PART: UserCentriCities Dashboard Is Now Open
This is a unique opportunity for every city and region interested in learning more about the level of performance in designing and delivering digital services that focus on their citizens and their needs.
Save the Date: OASC General Assembly — Brussels, 14 June 2023
We are pleased to announce that OASC’s general assembly meeting will take place on Wednesday 14 June 2023 in Brussels, alongside the Brussels Urban Summit.
There are no comments yet.
Be the first one to post a comment!