Join the EU Smart Communities Network and contribute to shaping Europe’s digital future!
Calling all national or regional associations, or similar initiatives, representing cities and municipalities at EU Member State level!
If advancing digital transformation in local communities is part of your organisation’s mission, seize this opportunity and boost your organisation EU outreach through the Smart Communities Network, recognised by the European Commission, and make a tangible impact.
Why join the Smart Communities Network?
By joining the Smart Communities Network, the member organisations will:
- Connect with other organisations, associations and initiatives across the EU to exchange best practices in the digital transformation for local public authorities.
- Play a pivotal role in fostering sustainable digital development of local communities in your country or region.
- Gain early access to digital tools and solutions, funding opportunities and insights into EU digital policies.
- Provide your network of cities and communities with opportunities to co-create new digital tools, such as the Local Digital Twins Toolbox, or improve existing ones, such as LORDIMAS, for assessing the digital maturity of a local community.
- Support Europe's digital and green ambitions while engaging directly with the European Commission.
What are we looking for?
We seek for national or regional associations of cities and/or municipalities, or other initiatives working with local public authorities. Your organisation should appoint a contact point for facilitating the coordination with the European institutions and other EU cities and communities to drive and support local digital transformation. Specifically, member organisations of the Network will:
- Help us comprehend the realities of cities and municipalities in your country/region, to better tailor support for their digital transformation journey.
- Co-organise one hybrid dissemination session and one online training session on digital topics, tools and solutions, tailored to the specific needs of local contexts in the coming 18 months.
- Reach out to local public authorities within your country or region, particularly those actively involved in digitalisation of cities and communities.
How to apply?
If this resonates with your organisation's goals, submit your organisation’s application by 7th December here: Registration form
The consortium will review all applications and interviews will be conducted with appointed representatives from these organisations throughout December 2023. A workshop for successful applicants is planned in January 2024.
GDPR notice: Your data will be handled in accordance with GDPR rules. Please note that the data you provide below will be used to establish the member state expert group and will be handled, stored and accessed by OASC and the European Commission. You can request access to your data or have it removed by contacting email@example.com.
Starting from the beginning of 2025, the upcoming Interoperable Europe Act introduces mandatory interoperability assessments for the digital public services of European public administr
In the quest for climate neutrality, cities wield significant influence, accounting for a significant share of energy consumption, CO2 emissions, and having a direct impact on the well-being of their residents.
The Big Data Test Infrastructure (BDTI) provides a ready-to-use, free of charge cloud-based analytics test environment for Public Administrations in the European Member States to experiment with open-source to