Everybody who signs the declaration agrees on the underlying principles and values. These principles and values are the foundation of a sustainable digital transformation. They provide a clear direction, but only if they are widely accepted, adopted and applied in practice.
- a citizen-centric approach (I participate)
- a city-led approach at EU level (I matter)
- the city as a citizen-driven and open innovation ecosystem (I learn)
- ethical and socially responsible access, use, sharing and management of data (I trust)
- technologies as key enablers (I can)
- interoperable digital platforms based on open standards and technical specifications, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and shared data models (I enable)